If you're scheduling tours across Bristol and the South West, talk to us about your needs! We'll ensure the coach bay is available for your use and advise you on the activities taking place on the bridge during your visit.
Phone: 0117 974 4664 (ask for Kat Tudor).
Guided tours of the Bridge (45 minutes - 1 hour)
- Available at a discounted rate for group tour operators
- Themed to suit the interests of your group and ranging from a basic introduction to the bridge and its history to scientific tours for Engineers
- Currrently available in English and French or with German translation
- Add an extra 30 minutes if your group would like to explore the Visitor Centre (free entry)
Photo opportunity (15 minute stop)
- If you're on a tight timescale, a 15 minute stop will allow your group to diembark and take photographs of the spectacular views across the Avon Gorge and city of Bristol.
- For those not interested in the sights, there are lots of places to eat and drink in Clifton Village. Find out more about them here and recommend somewhere to pick up a quick coffee!
- The River Avon is a tidal river. For the best photo opportunities, check when high tide will be!
Self Guided (1hour 30 minutes - 2 hours)
- Bridge open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Visitor Centre (Leigh Woods) open 10am - 5pm 7 days a week. Entry is free of charge. There is an exhibition, a small shop and toilet facilities
- Recommend the views from the top of Observatory Hill (near Clifton Observatory) and Sion Hill (near the Avon Gorge Hotel). Both are easily accessed via paved footpaths
Illuminations (15 minute stop)
- The Bridge is illuminated every night between dusk and midnight
- It is possible to view the illuminations from the bridge itself and from the nearby viewpoints
- Plan a route along the Portway (A4) or along Brunel Way (the A3029 flyover) to give your group great view from the comfort of the coach!
- Stop for longer and enjoy the illuminations in style: book a meal or drink on the terrace of the White Lion Bar at the Avon Gorge Hotel
Stay for longer (half a day)
Nearby attractions include:
- Clifton Observatory (Camera Obscura and Giant's Cave)
- Bristol Zoo (One of the oldest zoos in the UK, famed for its gorilla habitat)
- Rocks Railway (Underground funicular railway - enquire in advance)
- Ashton Court Estate (Deer park, mountain bike trails, bike hire, golf course and frisbee golf)
- Leigh Woods (Ancient woodland with Iron Age Hillfort)
- Clifton and Durdham Downs (Green space with plenty of wildflowers)
- Clifton Village (Eat, drink, visit the first Victorian Arcade and enjoy boutique shopping)