Our Summer two hour techincial tour has now sold out! Check out listings for our summer Two Hour Historical Hard Hat Tour and One Hour Excursion - or check out our Autumn Dates for the one hour excursion, two hour technical or two hour historical tours.
- Tuesday 11 June, 10.30-12.30 SOLD OUT
- Wednesday 26 June, 10.30-12.30 SOLD OUT
- Tuesday 23 July, 10.30-12.30 SOLD OUT
Before you Book…
Please read the following information before making a booking and ensure that this event will be suitable for all members of your party.
- Visits must be pre-booked online
- Tours are suitable for age 7+ and under 18s must be accompanied by an adult.
- There is a minimum height limit of 1.2m.
- Please wear sturdy shoes with good grip such as hiking boots or trainers. You will not be allowed to join the tour in heels or open-toed shoes.
- This tour includes climbing a vertical ladder and passing through a low corridor. Please ensure that you are physically capable of doing so. See our access guide for more information.
- Please ensure that any camera, phone, or device you bring will fit in your pocket or bag so that you have two hands free to climb the ladder.
- Only small rucksack type bags worn over both shoulders or bags with cross-body straps will be permitted inside the vaults. Large bags, handbags, umbrellas and so on can be stored securely at the Visitor Centre during the second part of your tour.
- Be aware that the vaults can be wet and/or muddy inside, particularly after heavy rain. Please wear suitable clothing and ensure that cameras or mobile phones are protected from the calcite saturated water which may fall from the ceiling.
- Please call us on 0117 974 4664 before booking if you are concerned about claustrophobia or vertigo.
All participants will be required to fill in a form prior to taking part in the activity to acknowledge they:
- Are aware of the potential risks involved.
- Confirm they are physically fit.
- Will follow the instructions given by the guide.
Staff and volunteers at CSBT are not medically qualified and so are not in a position to assess the capacity of participants to undertake an activity. It remains your responsibility to undertake such an assessment prior to participation. If you have any of the following medical conditions we strongly recommend you consult your doctor prior to participation: Heart disease or any cardiac condition that may require immediate medical attention; neck or back injuries; recent, reoccurring or existing injuries; severe allergic reactions; haemophilia; epilepsy; asthma; diabetes; currently taking any blood thinning medication.